Tuesday, 8 July 2014

'Diagnosis'

Something isn’t as it used to be
What did I think the doctor tried to say
The person in the mirror isn’t me

A while ago I think I lost the key
I falter and I stumble on my way
Something isn’t as it used to be

I wish you’d hug me when you bring me tea
I want to speak but don’t know what to say
The person in the mirror isn’t me

What’s going on, I feel I’m all at sea
You watch me sometimes in a funny way
Something isn’t as it used to be

I say so and you cannot disagree
I feel a fear your face will not betray
The person in the mirror isn’t me

Although I’m here I feel an absentee
I’m not sure what is going on today
Something isn’t as it used to be
The person in the mirror isn’t me


 © Sue Norton
















Sue lives and writes in York.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful villanelle Sue....form really suits the subject.

    ReplyDelete