Thursday, 27 June 2013

Bleep Bleep

this is not a true extension

says the auto-voice
when I pick up the phone

three times now

this is not a true extension
please hang up

this is not a true extension

I have the news on tv
GCHQ the government spy centre
alleged

tapping all data in the name of national security

not a true extension
says the voice

my crime is what to corrupt our national security
what I ask isn't it the politicians tearing England from Wales
Scotland from Wales and England

what

GCHQ interested in me (please hang up) not a true
why interested in me what have I done but

rough draft a poem may be crap yet

obviously they are keen on crap rough draft poets poems
so keen so (the phone now rings again) what for more

the bottom line is my claim for expenses or simply cash
for the questions (please hang up), Dave?

© Philip Johnson

GCHQ monitoring described as a 'catastrophe' by German politicians

previously appeared in: Poetry 24, The Ugly Tree; Poetry Scotland, Emergency Verse, Write Away, Caught In The Net, Red Pencil, Writer's Hood, Transparent Words. He works in elder care.

No comments:

Post a Comment