Thursday, 11 October 2012

Hot Date

I’m writing a quick SMS.
It’s faster than mail sent express.
I’m restless and sick
With love, so come quick.
My darling, I am in distress.

I’m glad I discovered this phone.
Its ratings are not overblown.
My spelling is checked
With auto-correct,
For errors it will not condone.

I do not use Facebook or tweet.
For that I am way too discreet.
I’ve seen people boast
Of dumb things and post
Obscenities they can’t delete.

Remember the postcards of old.
I used to write words that were bold
To tell of my state.
The card might come late.
I’d panic – my love uncontrolled.

I need you, my dearest, right now.
Excuses I will not allow.
My love is complete
For now I’m in heat.
Love, Bella the beautiful cow.
© Vala Hafstad

Swiss Cows Send Texts to Announce They’re in Heat

Vala Hafstad lives in Minnesota. She writes humorous poems for children and, occasionally, their parents.

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha. Funny! Whatever next?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fran. Who knows what the future has in store.
      Vala

      Delete
  2. Whatever next indeed!

    Poor Bella.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bella, you're out on the pull,
    And now you have scored to the full;
    Don't worry, don't fear,
    For your beefcake is here:
    Your best technological bull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Philip. I will forward this to Bella right away. She will be delighted.
      Vala

      Delete
  4. Vala this is a very witty response. I love the idea of a cow weighing up the pros and cons of tweeting and postcard writing. Best of all a card delayed in the post causing panic! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Little Nell.

      Delete