Wednesday, 14 March 2012

My Love

My love lies gentle on me
with his fragile body
my fingers wondering
the length of his neck

My love sings so sweetly
his voice is unsurpassed
it is like no other
the sound of Cremona

My love is so passionate
I’m still not used to him
he has such tenderness
an addictive quality

My love is not all mine
he is loaned by a rich man
who was moved by my touch
to whom I am indebted

My love is Gariel
made by Stradivarius
worth over six million
how could he leave me now ?

© David Subacchi

‘Banker lent me £6.3m Stradivarius after he heard me playing’
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Subacchi is a civil servant who has been writing poetry seriously for just over a year. His latest collection ‘First Cut’ is published this month by Cestrian Press.



4 comments:

  1. Poetry is wonderful it comes from the heart and goes to the heart. I love the poetry of L.P. Dunbar, he is long gone but he still has his finger on my pulse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Titania.

      What an amazing story - I had to write something as soon as I read it!

      David Subacchi

      Delete
  2. It is an amazing story and your writing complements it perfectly.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna!

      David Subacchi

      Delete