Friday, 23 March 2012

Love Story

I’ve told you my secrets,
now tell me your lies;
how you can’t let me go
and you don’t want to try;
though you’ve loosened my teeth
and busted my jaw,
you love me completely,
much more than before;
and now that you’ve beaten
my face blue and black,
how grateful you’ll be
if I’ll just take you back.
Tell me you’re sorry,
you just lost control;
you never intended
to hurt me at all.
Then bring me a cuppa
and kneel by my chair;
beg my forgiveness,
and brush back my hair.
Adore me, amour me,
and make a great fuss;
then tell me a story,
that glorifies ‘us’.

© Abigail Wyatt

Dennis Waterman's ex-wife: 'The truth is out over beating claims'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abigail was born in Essex and now lives in Cornwall. She writes poetry and short fiction and pokes her nose into places where it is generally little wanted.

3 comments:

  1. Well done, Abigail - good poetry..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A story replayed all too often worldwide, and apparently she knew how to MAKE him do it. Even now not taking responsibility for his actions. Well done for highlighting this.

    ReplyDelete